Wednesday, November 16, 2011

build: work-in-progress: iron warriors, pt. 6

The past couple days have been quite productive. I've started cleaning, converting and assembling a smattering of CSM, SM and ForgeWorld bits into the models needed for this list. Finished assembling my first full unit early this morning after staying up all night working on it. Let me know what you think...


Scoriæ's Slaughterers: Chosen, icon of Khorne


Scoriæ's Slaughterers: triple-threat of paired lighting claws


Scoriæ's Slaughterers: meltas x2 & regular dudes x2

Obviously I've taken some liberties here with WYSIWYG, using the ForgeWorld chain axes as dual lightning claws, but it fits the theme and easily converted lightning claw bits can be a complete bitch to come by. I plan to make any opponents aware of the switch first thing, and to clear it with any tournament organizers if/when I take these guys into real competition.

But that's not all! I finished assembling the "command group" for my trench-line defense not an hour ago...


Ahnighito's Zigouilliers: CSM Havocs


Ahnighito's Zigouilliers: meltagun, champ w/ power weapon + combi-melta, regular dude


Ahnighito's Zigouilliers: heavy bolter, flamer, heavy bolter

The banner was originally intended to be an Icon of Chaos, but I dropped it from the list. Liked the thematic idea of having a banner-bearer in this squad though, so I assembled him with one anyway. Will be banners (full-size or back) in the "subordinate" squads to this one as well.

As always, all the above images are clickable to larger versions and I invite any/all questions, comments, and criticism. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to GW to paint up some more test color-schemes...

No comments:

Post a Comment