Sunday, February 19, 2012

build: work-in-progress: iron warriors, pt. 10

It's been a couple months, but I've finally gotten around to building the third and final Rhino for my 2000 point list. Because it's the dedicated transport for the second of two Breaching Squads, it's virtually identical to the first.


Chelonian III & Scutum IX: Chaos Rhinos: dozer blade, havoc launcher
(clickable)

Like Chelonian before it, Scutum is magnetized for in-game use and ease of painting.


I also spent some time this morning figuring out my banner situation. After playing with several banners I had around the house and test-fitting a few from bits sellers, I settled on using a large, raggedy, WFB Orc banner for my trench-line "command squad" and hacking up the smaller, Space Marine Command Squad banners in a similar fashion for the subordinate squads. The top of the Astartes banners ended abruptly, so I topped 'em off with skulls. Unfortunately, this made the skull atop the Orc banner look plain, so I hacked it off and added a scarred helmet that's likely to be a bright, shining yellow when I paint it.


(clickable)

Next up: Two Chaos Vindicators. I've already got the hull assembly completed and have modified the driver's windows. Everything else is just fiddly detail work to make it look Iron Warriors-y.

1 comment:

  1. Fashionable and practical bags - mini bags, clutches bags, evening bags, backpacks ... all in lv-replicahandbags ships worldwide:replica designer hand bags

    ReplyDelete